Pan con tomate (with optional toppings for home - serves 2 as a snack)
- 2 x slices of good sourdough bread (we use Tortoise Bakery sourdough)
- 1 x garlic clove, peeled
- 1 x ripe plum tomato
- Arbequina olive oil
- Sea salt
- Good quality Serrano or Ibérico ham, or topping of choice
- Flat leaf parsley, rough chopped
- Toast the sourdough bread in the toaster or under the grill, then rub the raw garlic clove onto the toasts.
- Cut the Tomato in half and rub onto the toast, getting every bit of juice and flavour out of the Tomato and onto the toast.
- Then liberally drizzle with the Olive Oil, season with Sea Salt and the Parsley and then add your ham on top to serve.
- The heat of the toast will warm the ham until it melts in your mouth! This is equally good topped with anchovies, manchego cheese or whatever takes your fancy from the fridge. An easy to make vegetarian, fish or meat option!
- Perfectly enjoyed with a crisp beer or a chilled glass of fino or manzanilla sherry in the sun.